About the SDS check
The SDS check is meant for companies that buy hazardous substances and/or mixtures from suppliers. With an SDS check, you can ensure that the safety data sheet (SDS) fulfils the most important requirements from the European REACH and CLP directives, that refer to health and safety at work.
NB: This tool only checks whether the SDS that you receive from your supplier provides the right information with regard to working safely and healthily with hazardous substances or mixtures. The SDS check has been developed for professional end-users.
Are you a supplier, producer, importer or mixer who wishes to check that the SDS's for your own products fulfil the legal requirements? Then use the SDS checklist from CEFIC (only in English) or ECHA. And do you want to check that you are fulfilling your REACH and CLP requirements? Go to Chemical substances well organised!
You are responsible
The SDS check provides an indication of the quality of an SDS. As a user of hazardous substances and/or mixtures, you are responsible for healthy and safe working practices. Not only for checking the information on the SDS. But also for applying this information if the SDS check shows that the SDS fulfils the requirements. Is information on the SDS unclear, incorrect or incomplete? Then always contact your supplier. So that you know how you can work in a safe and healthy manner!
All of the details that you enter in the SDS check remain confidential. They will not be sent to the Social Affairs and Employment Inspectorate, the Environment and Transport Inspectorate or any other government bodies. Emails that are sent from the SDS can only be read by the recipient. Correspondence confidentiality applies.
The SDS check is an initiative from the Inspectorate SZW and the Environment and Transport Inspectorate.
Thank you to:
- Vereniging van de Nederlandse Chemische Industrie (VNCI) Association for the Dutch Chemical Industry
- Verbond van Handelaren in Chemische Producten (VHCP) Union of Traders in Chemical Products
- Vereniging van Verf- en Drukinktfabrikanten (VVVF) Association of Pain and Printer Ink Manufacturers
- Nederlandse Vereniging van Zeepfabrikanten (NVZ) Association of Dutch Soap Manufacturers
- Federatie Nederlandse Rubber- en Kunststofindustrie (NRK) Federation of Dutch Rubber and Plastics Industry
- Vereniging ION